Here are some of the changes from the last two weeks of development:
- Support for CrossOver.
- Auto-detection of supported Wine features.
- Support for a number of Staging features and common patches:
- CSMT (both dll and patched versions, ie. Wine-Staging, CrossOver and custom Wine versions are all supported)
- DXVA2 VAAPI
- EAX Emulation
- “Run in a terminal” option when launching Windows executables (with vineyard-launcher).
- Safer detection of installed Wine versions.
- Support for user installed Wine versions in $HOME/.local/share/wineversions.
- Better support for launching programs from desktop shortcuts.
- Updated the Windows version information to match the latest Wine releases.
- Added support for 64bit Windows XP configuration.
And since a picture is worth a thousand words:
New builds in the PPA
I’ve overhauled the packaging of Vineyard, and we now have builds back up for all LTS (long term support) Ubuntu releases going back to 12.04 (Precise) as well as for 15.10 (Wily) and 16.04 (Xenial). 16.04 deprecated the python-support package in favor of dh-python (in line with Debian), so Vineyard can now be built using both.
The name of the vineyard-testing PPA has also been changed to “PPA for Vineyard” as it really is the current stable PPA; the link is the same, so there’s no need to change your APT configuration.
The newest CodeWeavers coupon promo code is ( WEAVEME ) and ( CRIMBO25 ) save 25% off CrossOver Mac or Linux today!