This release rolls up a ton of bug fixes, game and driver workarounds, and other improvements.
We can now make use of
NV_memory_decompression to implement
GPU accelerated GDeflate compression in DirectStorage.
This is demonstrated to work in Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart.
We also worked around an NV driver bug when using the fallback GDeflate shader.
The fallback works on RADV.
NOTE: This isn't all that well tested because there are no games shipping with this yet to our knowledge.
Device generated commands for compute
NV_device_generated_commands_compute we can efficiently implement
Starfield's use of ExecuteIndirect which hammers multi-dispatch COMPUTE + root parameter changes.
Previously, we would rely on a very slow workaround.
NOTE: This feature is currently only enabled on RADV due to driver issues.
- Support Root Signature version 1.2
- Implement Shader Model 6.7
- Includes all SM 6.7 features like AdvancedTextureOps, WaveOpsIncludeHelperLanes
- Caveat: Technically not Vulkan spec compliant implementation, but works fine on at least NV and RADV. Currently implemented as an opt-in option for now in case some game relies on it to work
- Implement CreateSampler2
- Expose inverted viewport / height feature
- Implement RelaxedFormatCasting feature from Enhanced Barriers
- Implement support for adjacency topologies
- Support A8_UNORM format properly by using
VK_KHR_maintenance5, allowing A8_UNORM UAVs to work correctly
- Handle range checked index buffers correctly with
New extension use
- Batch acceleration structure builds. Massively improves build performance on at least RADV.
- Massively improve ExecuteIndirect performance when using COMPUTE + root parameter changes when
- Fix root signature creation from DXIL library target (DXR) blobs
- Fix some dual source blending PSOs scenarios. Fixes Star Wars Battlefront II
- Implement wave operations in pixel shaders more strictly according to D3D12 rules
- Fix spurious hangs in Ashes of Singularity when using shared fences and wait-before-signal
- Fix PSO caching bug in mesh shaders. Fixes mesh shaders in Unreal Engine 5
- Fix udiv remainder in DXBC, which fixed some Xenia bugs
- Fix query heap tracking bug that was exposed by NV Streamline
- Various DXIL -> SPIR-V fixes as usual
- Rewrote descriptor set layouts to be more robust against application bugs
- Motivated by Armored Core VI bug (see below)
- Native D3D12 drivers are also robust against these application bugs :(
- Workaround bad ReBAR performance in Age of Wonders 4
- Remove workaround for
KHR_present_waiton NV 535+ drivers
- Workaround Starfield memory corruption issue where it does not correctly query for 4 KiB alignment
- Disable ReBAR usage on Halo Infinite to workaround very poor CPU performance
- Workaround Street Fighter 6 bug causing spurious GPU hangs
- Also appears to have worked around GPU hangs in Resident Evil 2
- Workaround Armored Core VI bug causing GPU hang on Balteus fight in chapter 1
- Workaround "firefly" glitches in Resident Evil 4 caused by dubious min16float usage
- Workaround "firefly" glitches in Monster Hunter Rise caused by dubious shader requiring particular precise math
- Workaround Unreal Engine 5 breaking if mesh shaders are exposed, but not barycentrics
- Workaround NV driver bug with TIMESTAMP query heaps that could cause spurious GPU hangs
- Workaround broken CFG code generation in Xenia's DXBC emitter
Link to vkd3d source code
Run Microsoft Windows Applications and Games on Mac, Linux or ChromeOS save up to 20% off CodeWeavers CrossOver+ today.