With this release, we're adding back the ability to run games with Proton. While this can be an useful thing for testing compatibility, it is still recommended to stick with the builds provided by Lutris. We are now using @GloriousEggroll's Proton based builds by default, which makes using Steam's proton an even narrower edge case.
For players with very large libraries, Lutris will be a lot more responsive thanks to the performance improvements by @danieljohnson2, along with loads of other UI improvements!
Starting from this release, it is now possible to reference ModDB
links in Lutris installers. If your distribution doesn't provide the
moddb Python package, you'll have to install it with:
pip install moddb.
We also have an integration with Itch.io, thanks to @GoGoOtaku (note that we don't have a way to search for or install free games from Itch.io with this integration).
- Add support for Proton
- Add drag and drop on the main window. Dropped files will be matched
No-Intro, Redump and TOSEC checksums.
- Add support for ModDB links in installers (moddb python module required)
- Added "Missing" sidebar option for games whose directory is missing
- Re-style the configuration, preferences, installer and add-games windows
- Group configuration options into sections
- Added checkbox to stop asking for the launch config for a game
- Added checkbox to sort installed games first
- Support for launch-configs in shortcuts and the command line
- Show platform badges on banners and cover-art
- Installing games from setup files can now use different presets (Win98, 3DFX, ...)
- Add filter field to runner list
- Show game count in search bar
- Workaround Humble Bundle authentication issues by allowing importing
cookies from Firefox
- Add Itch.io integration
- Add Battle.net integration (protobuf dependency required)
- Improve detection of DOSBox games on GOG
- Added "Unspecified" Vulkan ICD option
- Removed ResidualVM (now merged into ScummVM)
- Detect obsolete Vulkan drivers and default to DXVK 1.x for them
- Improved High-DPI support for custom media
- Performance improvements
Download this version of Lutris from here.
Run Microsoft Windows Applications and Games on Mac, Linux or ChromeOS save up to 20% off CodeWeavers CrossOver+ today.