The Wine development release 8.11 is now available.
What's new in this release:
- More mouse cursor clipping improvements.
- Support for TLS alerts.
- Increased available address space in WoW64 mode.
- Various bug fixes.
The source is available now. Binary packages are in the process of being built, and will appear soon at their respective download locations.
Bugs fixed in 8.11 (total 26):
- #48811 StarCraft II fails to load in staging
- #51640 LibreOffice 7.2.0 crashes while browsing directories
- #53682 wineboot shows "user_check_not_lock BUG: holding USER lock" on aarch64 since wine-7.14
- #54380 Installed windows driver triggers a window when running any program in winXP mode (unimplemented function ntoskrnl.exe.Ke386QueryIoAccessMap)
- #54442 experimental wow64 mode: doesn't show some graphical windows
- #54738 msi:action - The 64-bit test_register_class_info() fails in Wine
- #54742 The 64-bit advapi32:registry breaks the 32-bit test_redirection() in Wine
- #54751 The 64-bit advapi32:registry breaks test_CoGetPSClsid() in ole32:compobj in Wine
- #54797 Lunar Magic 3.33: Crashes with BadWindow unless WINEDEBUG=+all
- #54848 dnsapi:query - test_DnsQuery() fails on Rémi's Wine test machines
- #54980 wine lost ability to correctly handle printer(CUPS)-supplied fonts (several programs)
- #54993 Framemaker 8 crashes in internal search operation
- #55013 user32:monitor - test_EnumDisplayMonitors() sometimes fails on Linux
- #55016 xaudio2_8:xaudio2 - test_simple_streaming() crashes on Windows 8+
- #55027 Microsoft Office: IME result string may get doubled when edit is done
- #55042 IDictionary::Add() fails to add entries with numerical keys that have the same hashes
- #55043 Z-Vision for Windows: Assertion failed when clicking "LOAD" button.
- #55046 ALT-TAB broken with virtual desktop and capture mouse (regression: 8.9 -> 8.10)
- #55047 d3d test_cursor_clipping() fails
- #55050 Wine stucks when creating prefix
- #55051 Build regression in wine 8.10 using clang on aarch64 (error in backend: Invalid register name "x18")
- #55055 Japanese IME fails to clear composition string when deleting the only remaining character
- #55074 Multiple apps fail to show anything after launch in virtual desktop mode (Steam, Ubisoft Connect)
- #55088 Program crashes when Common Dialog File open function is called
- #55091 preloader build failure with GOTPCREL relocation
- #55097 cmd.exe does not handle PATH with leading or sequential semicolons
Run Microsoft Windows Applications and Games on Mac, Linux or ChromeOS save up to 20% off CodeWeavers CrossOver+ today.