Update includes latest Wine 1.8 and new user interface
SAINT PAUL, Minn (December 8, 2015) CodeWeavers, Inc., developer of CrossOver the easiest, fastest way to run Windows software on Mac and Linux announced today the release of CrossOver 15. With CrossOver 15, you can run thousands of Windows software titles, without the need for a Windows OS license.
CrossOver 15 incorporates the latest release of Wine, the open-source technology that allows Windows applications to be run on Unix. Wine 1.8 incorporates more than a year worth of improvements since the last major release of Wine. This includes better support for PulseAudio, better video decoding, improved OLE embedding, and many other improvements. The net effect is that CrossOver 15 users will be able to run many more Windows applications, with enhancements to their performance and graphics.
CrossOver 15 also contains notable improvements to its graphical user interface. The Mac GUI has been enhanced with a new tool for installing Windows software, improving and simplifying this process. This completes the overhaul of the Mac GUI that was begun with CrossOver 14. The Linux GUI has also been completely re-written to offer substantial improvements in simplicity, a more modern feel, and more congruency with the Mac GUI.
Founded in 1996 as a general software consultancy, CodeWeavers focuses on the development of Wine the core technology found in all of its CrossOver products. The company’s goal is to bring expanded market opportunities for Windows software developers by making it easier, faster and more painless to port Windows software to Linux. CodeWeavers is recognized as a leader in open-source Windows porting technology, and maintains development offices in Minnesota, the United Kingdom and elsewhere around the world. The company is privately held.
CrossOver 15 Changelog :
15.0.0 CrossOver - December 8, 2015
- Mac OS X:
- The User Interface of CrossOver's Software Installer has been redone. Installing applications with CrossOver is simpler than ever before.
- CrossOver now includes a High Resolution Mode to allow compatible Windows applications to take full advantage of Macs with Retina displays.
- CrossOver now requires OS X 10.8 or greater. CrossOver 15 will not run on OS X 10.7 or earlier versions.
- CrossOver now uses PulseAudio for sound if it is available on the system.
- CrossOver has a completely redone User Interface on Linux.
- Application Support:
- Quicken 2016 now runs in CrossOver.
- General Improvements:
- Wine 1.8 brings thousands of updates to CrossOver's core compatibility with Windows applications.
- Dual screen Linux setups will run Microsoft Office better than before.
( WEAVEME ) and ( CRIMBO25 ) save 25% off CrossOver Mac or Linux today!