The Wine development release 8.0-rc5 is now available. This is expected to be the last release candidate before the final 8.0.
What's new in this release:
- Bug fixes only, we are in code freeze.
The source is available now. Binary packages are in the process of being built, and will appear soon at their respective download locations.
Bugs fixed in 8.0-rc5 (total 9):
- #26822 Double click the icon in the title bar should close the window
- #32643 getsockopt() does not indicate WSAEFAULT when setting optlen too small
- #45542 WeGame hangs after login.
- #50351 Slow text rendering in dofus linked to fnIMLangFontLink2_GetCharCodePages calling WideCharToMultiByte with CP_UNICODE
- #51227 urlmon:url breaks the wininet:http test on Windows 10 1709+ (7 failures)
- #51906 Multiple games fail to play videos (War Mongrels, The Medium, Sherlock Holmes Chapter One)
- #53408 Dark Souls: Remastered has slow performance with OpenGL renderer
- #53761 Broken rendering in Mafia III: Definitive Edition
- #54283 dinput:force_feedback - test_windows_gaming_input() sometimes crashes on Windows
Run Microsoft Windows Applications and Games on Mac, Linux or ChromeOS save up to 20% off CodeWeavers CrossOver+ today.