The Wine development release 8.0-rc4 is now available.
What's new in this release:
- Bug fixes only, we are in code freeze.
The source is available now. Binary packages are in the process of being built, and will appear soon at their respective download locations.
Bugs fixed in 8.0-rc4 (total 25):
- #48553 Catia (CAD software) refuse to run installation on newest wine (<=4.18)
- #51268 Assembler messages: Error: no such instruction: `xsavec (%esp)'
- #51301 Any action that locks the cursor into place inside the Roblox Client window causes the cursor to freeze
- #51420 Running any program in Wine causes 100% cpu usage in Xorg
- #52089 d2d1:d2d1 fails in test_draw_geometry() on Wine
- #52152 comctl32:edit gets unexpected heights in test_text_position_style() on Windows 10 1809+
- #52429 Guild Wars: login not possible
- #52557 GetNetworkParams loops forever on musl
- #52749 winetricks dotnet35sp1: printfilterpipelinesvc.exe crashes in background
- #52932 comctl32:edit & user32:edit have test_char_from_pos() failures on Windows with the UTF-8 codepage
- #52994 mstask:task_trigger - test_GetNextRunTime() fails in Wine on date change
- #53382 Slow rendering when connected to external monitor
- #53536 ntdll:rtl - The 32-bit RtlUlonglongByteSwap() breaks test_RtlDecompressBuffer() on Windows
- #53583 FindNLSStringEx reimplementation doesn't match native
- #53671 No objects are being rendered in any DX10/11 apps with older GPU drivers
- #53837 HS_hevo_gc 184.108.40.206 fails to install
- #54045 ntdll:rtl - test_RtlIpv6StringToAddress() fails on Windows 11
- #54151 xactengine3_7:xact3 crashes when no speaker is connected
- #54172 ddraw:ddraw1, ddraw:ddraw2, ddraw:ddraw4, ddraw:ddraw7 - test_window_position() gets the size of the wrong screen in Wine
- #54180 Petz 4 has corrupt .pet files at startup
- #54210 Wine fails to compile with Linux 4.11 headers (use of undefined AT_HWCAP2)
- #54218 RTLD_SELF use breaks musl build since 8.0-rc1
- #54263 Build of 7.22 fails with mingw-w64 10.0
- #54264 Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 crashes on exit in xactengine notification callback
- #54287 wineconsole: alternate screen buffer does not work
Run Microsoft Windows Applications and Games on Mac, Linux or ChromeOS save up to 20% off CodeWeavers CrossOver+ today.