CrossOver 16 supports Microsoft Office 2013 on both MacOS and Linux. This brings the convenience, ease, and interoperability of the full featured, modern Office suite to our Linux and MacOS customers.
CrossOver 16 is the first version of CrossOver to support 64-bit Windows applications, with automatic install recipes for a few popular titles already. CrossOver 16 also incorporates code from the upcoming Wine 2.0 release, the open-source technology that allows Windows applications to be run on Unix. The net effect is that CrossOver 16 users will be able to run many more Windows applications, with enhancements to their performance and graphics.
CrossOver 16 is immediately available at www.codeweavers.com.
Founded in 1996 as a general software consultancy, CodeWeavers focuses on the development of Wine the core technology found in all of its CrossOver products. The company’s goal is to bring expanded market opportunities for Windows software developers by making it easier, faster and more painless to port Windows software to Linux. CodeWeavers is recognized as a leader in open-source Windows porting technology, and maintains development offices in Minnesota, the United Kingdom and elsewhere around the world. The company is privately held.
Change Log For CrossOver Mac and Linux :
16.0.0 CrossOver - December 13, 2016
- Application Support:
- CrossOver now supports Microsoft Office 2013!
- Microsoft Office 2013 can be activated with either an Office 365 subscription or a product key.
- Core Technology Improvements:
- CrossOver 16 is based on Wine 2.0, with thousands of improvements to Windows compatibility across the board.
- CrossOver now supports 64-bit Windows applications, with new bottle templates and 64-bit dependency management.
- Bug Fixes:
- Quicken 2014-2016 updates will now apply automatically during installation.
- Fixed a bug which prevented saving very large files in Microsoft Excel 2010
- Fixed a bug which prevented opening hyperlinks from documents in Microsoft Office 2010.
- Shell folder links will now be updated when importing bottles into CrossOver from an archive file.
- Fixed an audio bug which could cause Blizzard games to emit unwanted noises from the speaker.
- Fixed a bug in Tencent QQ which caused the application to hang when adding a new contact.
- Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 will display correctly again.