Valve has just published Proton 8.0-2 as the newest version of this Wine-based software that powers Steam Play for running Windows games on Linux.
Note: Proton 8.0 requires a GPU that supports Vulkan 1.3.
- Fixed Baldur's Gate 3 getting stuck on a black screen in Vulkan mode.
- Fixed Divinity: Original Sin: Enhanced Edition and Divinity Original Sin II: Definitive Edition crashing on launch.
- Fixed Path of Exile crashing.
- Fixed memory leak in Trackmania and Ubisoft Connect overlay.
- Improved Elden Ring compatibility compared to Proton 8.0-1. It can still be finicky.
- Fixed Red Dead Redemption 2 and other games not starting after switching from Proton Experimental to stable.
- Added a temporary workaround for EA Launcher crashing. Steam Deck's on-screen keyboard may not pop up automatically while using it.
Link to source code
Run Microsoft Windows Applications and Games on Mac, Linux or ChromeOS save up to 20% off CodeWeavers CrossOver+ today.