The Wine development release 8.8 is now available.
What's new in this release:
- More work towards full PE support in the PostScript driver.
- Initial support for loading ARM64EC modules.
- More work on IME restructuration.
- Various bug fixes.
The source is available now. Binary packages are in the process of being built, and will appear soon at their respective download locations.
Bugs fixed in 8.8 (total 18):
- #33945 Wine build warnings with gcc
- #35254 Freemake Video Converter 4.1 installer complains about running Freemake processes (builtin 'findstr' stub app always returns "match")
- #48596 Multiple applications need tasklist.exe to support printing process list in CSV format '/fo CSV /nh' (Net64+ Client 2.x, Playstation Now 11.x, MathType)
- #49964 32-bit dxdiag doesn't support '/64bit' command line switch (launch 64-bit dxdiag)
- #50576 ACAT Phrase, part of Intel Assistive Context-Aware Toolkit (ACAT) v1.00.0 (.NET 4.5 app) crashes on unimplemented function 'uiautomationcore.dll.UiaNodeFromFocus'
- #51107 rise of nation extended: cannot do multiplayer when having more than one network interface
- #52269 Captvty can't find its own tools/cefsharp folder
- #53073 mfplat: unimplemented function while loading Devil May Cry 1
- #53826 Attempting to install / update battle.net fails with Qt error
- #54250 winedbg loads wrong debug symbols for builtin dlls
- #54367 Wow64 wineboot fails to generate 32Bit slice of wineprefix
- #54596 Wavelab 6.1 has problems minimising window
- #54733 Notepad3 crashes on unimplemented function SHLWAPI.dll.StrFormatByteSizeEx
- #54760 imm32:imm32 - test_ImmActivateLayout() fails on Windows
- #54864 imm32:imm32 - test_ImmSetOpenStatus() fails on Windows in the Korean locale
- #54879 RtlValidSecurityDescriptor should return TRUE if the given descriptor is valid.
- #54904 RtlInitializeSid should return NTSTATUS
- #54918 compiling nvcuda fails with threadpoolapiset.h:36:55: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘__WINE_DEALLOC’
Run Microsoft Windows Applications and Games on Mac, Linux or ChromeOS save up to 20% off CodeWeavers CrossOver+ today.