CrossOver's core technology Wine has been updated to version 3.14, bringing thousands of improvements over our previous release to CrossOver 18.
CrossOver 18 significantly improves our support for DirectX 11 via wined3d. It is also the first version of CrossOver with DXVK compatibility, a Vulkan-based Direct3D 10 and Direct3D 11 implementation for Linux and Wine. Users can now easily install DXVK into new and existing bottles with a simple crosstie.
CrossOver 18 now includes support for Direct3D 12 on Linux by way of VKD3D, a Direct3D 12 to Vulkan translation library.
On Linux, CrossOver 18 runs several popular Blizzard games such as World of Warcraft, Overwatch, and Diablo III.
CrossOver 18 provides full support for the latest version of macOS, 10.14 Mojave.
Mac customers with active support entitlements will be upgraded to CrossOver 18 the next time they launch CrossOver. Linux users can download the latest version from CodeWeavers.
Change Log For CrossOver Mac and Linux :
18.0.0 CrossOver - October 16, 2018
- Core Technology Improvements:
- CrossOver 18 is based on Wine 3.14, with thousands of improvements for Windows application compatibility.
- Improved support for DirectX 11 via WineD3D.
- DXVK Compatibility.
- Support for DirectX 12 via vkd3d and Vulkan.
- Application Support:
- Preliminary support for Outlook 2016 on Linux.
- Support for Steam in Win 7 bottles.
- Bug Fixes:
- Restored support for World of Warcraft, Overwatch, and Diablo III on Linux.
- Fixed several bugs impacting the Battle.net client.
- Fixed a bug which caused Office context menus to disappear.
- Fixed a bug which caused a corrupt file error in Office 2016 when installed with Internet Explorer.