The Wine stable release 8.0.1 is now available.
What's new in this release:
- Fixes for macOS Ventura 13.3 on Apple Silicon
- Tamil and Turkish translation updates
- Various bug fixes
The source is available now. Binary packages are in the process of being built, and will appear soon at their respective download locations.
Bugs fixed in 8.0.1 (total 36):
- #49615 Device read errors logged in dmesg when running wine commands with empty CD/DVD drive, since 5.5
- #51345 Regression: Visual Studio 2005 "package load failure"
- #52506 Setup of game "What's the Secret?" fails to create icon
- #52878 Free PC Audit 22.214.171.124 fails to show info in 'Brief' tab (needs GetBinaryValue method of the StdRegProv class)
- #53274 adsldp:ldap - test_ParseDisplayName() sometimes fails to connect to the server
- #53926 New typelib marshaller depends on IID_IDispatch support from target interface
- #53981 Chromium broken sandbox due to GetSecurityInfo giving access denied
- #54030 Snagit needs Win32_Volume class ( 'select deviceid from win32_volume where driveletter =C:')
- #54215 ListView doesn't refresh when changing between List and Details styles.
- #54234 vbscript fails to compile when colon follows Else in If...Else
- #54289 RtlCopyContext buffer overflow
- #54318 Rich Edit inserts newly composed text at wrong position when system IME composition ends while a selection is active
- #54337 AviUtl shows Japanese text as garbage after conversion in ExEdit edit box
- #54353 crypt32:cert - testVerifyRevocation() gets unexpected success in Wine on second run
- #54357 Spurious fixme message when calling ScrollWindow()
- #54364 RtlGenRandom fails on systems with more than 128 cores
- #54371 loader won't launch from PATH unless named "wine"
- #54376 ws2_32:sock - test_reuseaddr() overflows a sockaddr variable by reading an AF_INET6 peer name into it
- #54379 since wine 8.0 print doesn't work any more
- #54432 Missing ntdll.RtlAddressInSectionTable() implementation causes all GraalVM Native Image exes to crash on load
- #54449 nethack crashes
- #54456 vbscript memory leak in For Each with SafeArray as group
- #54457 vbscript memory leaks in interp_redim_preserve
- #54458 vbscript memory leaks in Global_Split
- #54489 VarAbs() does not handle BSTR arguments correctly
- #54490 vbscript fails to compile when statement follows ElseIf
- #54493 vbscript fails to compile concat when used without space and expression begins with H
- #54495 Motorola Ready For Assistant does not start, needs ext-ms-win-networking-wlanapi-l1-1-0.dll
- #54563 The gif is displaying wrongly, with weird backgrounds of various colors
- #54564 Rich Edit crashes when Ctrl+Right is pressed at past the final paragraph
- #54570 Saints Row: The Third heavy rain causes heavy fps reductions
- #54581 SpeedCommander 20 installer crashes on unimplemented function SHELL32.dll.Shell_GetCachedImageIndexW
- #54617 KakaoTalk IM text edit window leaves artifacts when the text overflows and scroll bar appears
- #54663 ldp.exe crashes on unimplemented function wldap32.dll.ldap_set_dbg_flags
- #54690 ldp.exe crashes when attempting to connect to an invalid host
- #54707 adsldp:ldap - test_DirectorySearch() fails on Windows and Linux
Run Microsoft Windows Applications and Games on Mac, Linux or ChromeOS save up to 20% off CodeWeavers CrossOver+ today.