Wineskin Pro 2.3 will run on any Intel Mac computer with OS X 10.5 or higher installed. This released has also been tested on the upcoming OS X 10.7 Lion release.
The cost of Wineskin Pro 2.3 is $29.95 and comes with six months of upgrades and support.
At this time we don't offer support on a per Game or per Application basis, the best way to know if a application or game will run with Wineskin Pro is to take a look at the public Wine AppDB at WineHQ. With Wineskin Pro you can have multiple Wine versions installed at one time, so if a new Wine release fixes one Game and breaks another you can still play both of your Games with Wineskin Pro!
About Wineskin Pro:
Wineskin is a tool used to make wrappers to run Windows software on Mac OS X. The wrappers are in the form of a normal Mac Application, which can be double clicked and ran just like its native. They can also be used to make a distributable port of software. You do not need the Windows program's source code, you can attempt to port any program you want.
With Wineskin Pro you will receive basic support for installing and configuring the Wineskin Application. We will also answer questions about installing engines and configuring wrappers, and in the near future provide custom engines that have been tested to work with today's most popular Games.
Unlike other solutions you can have multiple engines (Wine versions) installed at one time, so if your favorite game runs in that engine you don't have to worry about it breaking in a future Wine release.
The Bordeaux Technology Group is a software services and development company specializing in Windows compatibility software. Users of Linux, BSD, OpenSolaris and Mac systems from time to time find themselves in the need to run specialized Windows software. The Bordeaux suite enables access to these programs and data in a seamless and low cost manner without requiring licensing of Microsoft Technology. The Bordeaux Group also provides migration services and support for alternative operating systems specializing in Windows compatibility.
There is a multitude of software developed only for the Windows operating system and even when software vendors port their applications to another platform, generally it lacks features that the Windows version contains. The only solution these developers face is to have access to both systems for testing which leads to increased infrastructure demands, and wasted project resources. If you are vendor interested in supporting your application on Linux, BSD, OpenSolaris or Mac OS X or a software user that needs to run a Windows application on Linux, BSD, OpenSolaris or Mac OS X we can help.
Version 2.3 New Features:
- File associations are fixed, including just running a .exe straight from Finder.
- Custom Engines should now work fine using any name you want to use.
- Confirm quit dialog option available.
- The default Menubar name should now be the original wrapper name when its created instead of just "Wineskin Wrapper".
- The Wrapper version and current engine being used show up as text on the Wineskin.app Advanced window.
- All purchases include 6 months of email support and the product is backed by a 30 day refund.
- Simply click on this link and order with your PayPal account or Major Credit Card
- Follow the instructions on the page and when you order is complete be sure to click "Return to Merchant"
- If you have any problems with this order, please contact bordeaux sales