Another fortnight, another Winetricks.
Version 20110306-alpha has a slightly cleaned up gui,
a handful of bugfixes and sha1sum updates,
eight new games (crysis2_demo_mp, diablo2, dragonage,
masseffect2_demo, penpenxmas, rayman2_demo, sammax301_demo, and secondlife),
one new dll (dinput),
and one new setting (vd=640x480).
It removes ie68, which is no longer needed, now that ie8 works.
It isolates all apps in their own wineprefix by default now, not just games. The option --isolate-games is gone, and a new option --no-isolate was added. And finally, it's not quite as slow at putting up menus.
Changes since 20110222:
- Update disk space & time install requirements
- diablo2: waiting for updater window isn't enough, you have to wait for it to say it's finished!
- Cope with empty USERNAME, which happens when using startx.
- hegemony_gold: updated sha1sum
- Added 'folder' verb to open current wineprefix with xdg-open
- Show title of installed app rather than absolute path in comment at top, give example of how to install all prereqs
- firefox: update to 3.6.15, fix system menu.
- corefonts: Trebuc filenames have mixed case. Fixes bug winezeug-203.
- Install apps and benchmarks into their own prefixes, too. Show prefix name uniformly in window title. Move ie to dlls, call dlls 'Windows
- dlls or components'.
- Add option --no-isolate-games, make --isolate-games the default
- annihilate: actually ask permission before annihilating the wineprefix.
- gta_vc: ported, updated.
- Better fix for bug winezeug-25, should fix new bug winezeug-229
- w_download: fix progress indicator gui for locales that use , as a decimal separator. Pointed out by kmiksi. Fixes bug winezeug-232.
- Add a paragraph at the top about what tools this script uses.
- Cleaned up comments at top. Moved version ID to very top.
- vc2005trial: update workarounds for wine-1.3.15
- Last changeset was missing wildcards on two patterns
- Speed up common case of w_pathconv -u 3x by writing it in shell. Suggestion by Christian Storgaard.
- rayman2_demo: new verb. Based on a patch by Shannon.
- Make --optout take effect earlier.
- winetricks_stats_init: always quote W_CACHE
- dinput: new verb by Shannon, for winehq bug 21159
- vd=640x480: new verb, by Shannon
- diablo2: ported and updated. (Next up: diablo2bc, battle chest version.)
- crysis2_demo_mp: fix non-q mode, use SetWinDelay to simplify. Patch by Phil.
- W_CACHE_WIN should just be a drive letter and colon in wine penpenxmas: new verb (based on a patch by Manpreet Sangha)
- crysis2_demo_mp: new verb by Austin
- sammax301_demo: new verb by Phil
- secondlife: ported and updated
- w_download: autohotkey's download server doesn't like curl's user agent, so use a more common one
- masseffect2_demo: partly fix windows install. (Clicks still not working.)
- w_mount: Port support for windows mounts of iso volumes.
- winetricks_read_volume_name: hexdump is not portable, use od instead
- w_read_key: create directory before storing key
- sims3: update to latest version, mention drm problem as showstopper
- masseffect2: mark as broken drm.
- masseffect2, masseffect2_demo: move workaround descriptions into
- w_workaround arg.
- masseffect2_demo: port verb
- firefox4: updated to beta12
- dragonage: ported verb. Flickers terribly in movies for me :-(
- osmos_demo: bug 24416 fixed in 1.3.8
- w_warn: in -q mode, time out after 5 seconds.
- Get rid of debug print.
- sims3: if we want menus to work, we have to install dotnet20.
- Move sudo detect after gui detect; fixes running winetricks-alpha from system menu
- ie68: no longer needed, now that ie8 works
- w_warn: text passed to zenity must be escaped
- ie8: make -q not fail install test.
- Fix --gui option, which was ignored because variable was reset after option was processed
- winetricks_set_wineprefix: Comment out debug print
- annihilate: only delete .desktop files.
- Use localized name for Desktop directory.
- Move silent option to top level menu
- ie8: set TabProcGrowth=0 to avoid hang. Fixes winezeug bug 159. Thanks to MatthiasLichter.
- Fix running on cygwin (W_DRIVE_C was wrong)
The newest CodeWeavers coupon promo code is ( UNITY ) save 30% off CrossOver Mac or Linux today!