- Bevore You install, please make sure:
- Tiger users: install X11 from your Tiger Installation DVD
- download and open Darwine 1.0-rc2
- drag Darwine to the "/Applications" Folder
- to delete, just drag the folder "Darwine" to the trash
- known issues:
- Internet Explorer uses up to 100% CPU, which might turn on your vents
- Internet Explorer 7 might not work at all, it is really only for testing
- 1 of 4 tries downloads a corrupt "ActiveX MFC42" (maybe defective mirror?)
- there are some issues with creating wineprefix (might be X11 related)
- if You have symbols instead of letters, you lack the Microsoft Corefonts. Get them with TRiX
- to completely remove Darwine (and Windows apps) from your system delete the following files and folders:
What's new in this release:
- Bug fixes only, we are in code freeze.
Please post any comments about this post to the new forum at wine-reviews.net In the near future this post will be removed from wine-review.blogspot so please visit our new and improved site and update your bookmarks.