- Before You install, please make sure:
- Tiger users: install X11 from your Tiger Installation DVD
- download and open Darwine 0.9.61
- drag Darwine to the "/Applications" Folder
- to delete, just drag the folder "Darwine" to the trash
- known issues:
- Internet Explorer uses up to 100% CPU, which might turn on your vents
- Internet Explorer 7 might not work at all, it is really only for testing
- 1 of 4 tries downloads a corrupt "ActiveX MFC42" (maybe defective mirror?)
- there are some issues with creating wineprefix (might be X11 related)
- if You have symbols instead of letters, you lack the Microsoft Corefonts. Get them with TRiX
What's new in this release:
- Automatic updating of the WINEPREFIX directory.
- Winhelp now uses Richedit as display engine.
- Many RichEdit fixes.
- More improvements to IME support.
- More quartz fixes.
- Implementation for many more Gdiplus functions.
- Lots of bug fixes.
Please post any comments about this post to the new forum at wine-reviews.net In the near future this post will be removed from wine-review.blogspot so please visit our new and improved site and update your bookmarks.